"Learn, accept and move on."
"One doesn't need to know the answers, only the process of finding them."
"A more reliable and direct means of arriving at your destination is consistent triangulation between expectations, outcomes and objectives. "
"An orientation of personality towards an “appraisal” is characterised by a yearning for rewards. It causes stress in case of the failure leading to the formation of a long-lasting fear. An orientation towards a “cause” shows itself in an interest in the subject-matter of the activity. It lessens stress caused by a competition and supports a long-term and successful occupation."
"People make mistakes in theoretical computation just as they do in numerical computation. It’s best when theory and numerical work validate each other."
"The question of whether computers can think is like the
question of whether submarines can swim."
(Edsger W. Dijkstra)
"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is
to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And
the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no
"When I want to read something nice I sit down and write it."
"All physicists and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof."
"The object of mathematical rigour is to sanction and legitimize the conquests of intuition, and there was never any other object for it."
"Όταν ρωτήθηκε μερικά χρόνια αργότερα πώς κατάφερε τόσο γρήγορα να φτάσει στην κορυφή, απάντησε: <<Μελετώντας τους δασκάλους, όχι τους μαθητές τους>>."
N. H. Abel, Men of Mathematics, E.T. Bell
"Considering that there is a badge (Reversal) specifically to reward good answers to bad questions, nobody should downvote for any reason other than 'bad answer'."
"...а България като Огнена птица ще се възражда из собствената си пепел, та докрай на вековете ще пребъде...Защото гаснат звездите една по една, ала Божият пояс ще свети вечно - и Млечният път ще бъде светъл саван над мъртвата вселена..."
Из “За съдбата на народите”, Петър Осоговски - 956 година
Member for 4 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 15 '17 at 13:20
- Stack Overflow 5.2k 5.2k 33 gold badges2828 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Code Review 714 714 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Physics 590 590 55 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- History 503 503 44 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 480 480 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 45 Rotating a point about another point (2D)
- 29 How is the std::tr1::shared_ptr implemented?
- 19 Why do we need virtual functions in C++?
- 14 Skip List implementation
- 11 Infix expression to Binary Tree in C
- 10 What is the difference between fascism and nazism?
- 9 Why was Bulgaria at war with both the Allied and the Axis at the end of WWII?
- View more network posts →