I took a double major in Economics and History in college in the 1970s. My "sweet spot" probably lies at the intersection of those two subjects. For instance, "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes" was really an "economic" admonition--to conserve ammunition.
I am the published author of "A Modern Approach to Graham and Dodd Investing" (Wiley, 2004), an (economic) "history of the future," and the unpublished author of "Axis Overstretch," an economic analysis of World War II.
New York, New York
Member for 8 years, 11 months
73 profile views
Last seen Sep 3 at 8:07
- History 96.2k 96.2k 1313 gold badges212212 silver badges466466 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 18.7k 18.7k 55 gold badges4646 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- German Language 11.9k 11.9k 33 gold badges3131 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Chess 11.5k 11.5k 2727 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 10.7k 10.7k 44 gold badges2727 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 99 Were there women who were against giving women the right to vote?
- 81 Is it true that there are more slaves in the world now than ever at one point in history?
- 75 Why China was able to unify and not Europe?
- 62 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 56 Why did Peter the Great name Saint Petersburg, Russia with a foreign styled name?
- 52 Is it ethical for a PI to tell university to pay out intern's salary for an extra month after internship ends, and keep the money?
- 51 Why did Italy abandon its alliance with Germany in WW1 and join the Allied side?
- View more network posts →