I am interested in all kinds of history: old-fashioned political and military, social, economic, and last but not least at all - the history of ideas.
- "Get the dates right first!" (Me, all the time)
Member for 7 years, 1 month
33 profile views
Last seen Oct 4 '16 at 18:46
- History 23.7k 23.7k 55 gold badges6969 silver badges165165 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 6.1k 6.1k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 660 660 44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 611 611 11 gold badge77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 393 393 22 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 92 Has there ever been a case when a traitorous military commander took command again for the side he betrayed?
- 40 Why didn't the European Christians take back Constantinopole?
- 38 The unreasonable effectiveness of Pade approximation
- 35 Are modern Greeks related to the ancient Greeks?
- 34 Was slavery really on the way out in the antebellum USA?
- 33 Did the Romans have winter uniforms?
- 30 How did Nazi Germany finance itself during WW2?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (10)
10 Do we have a position on neo-Nazi profiles? Jul 4 '13
7 Ancient Iran/Persia tags Mar 5 '13
2 What is wrong with this question? Feb 20 '14
2 Request to reopen the Joe McCarthy question Aug 26 '13
2 Downvoting and/or voting to close Jan 10 '13
2 Why was this question closed? Feb 8 '13
1 Whatever happened to the 50-point bounties? Jul 18 '13