Member for 5 years, 5 months
Astronomer at the Max-Planck-Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics, specializing in supermassive black holes and galaxy morphology, dynamics, and evolution.
Open-source code for fitting images of galaxies: www.mpe.mpg.de/~erwin/code/imfit
- Astronomy 13.1k 13.1k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- History 2.1k 2.1k 99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Physics 945 945 11 gold badge55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 685 685 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 170 170 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 83 Why don't solar panels contribute to global warming?
- 67 Where do we have it from that the Moon is migrating away from Earth?
- 59 Is oxygen really the most abundant element on the surface of the Moon?
- 52 Is Earth's Surface "In orbit"?
- 46 Were there occasions when a sovereign country voluntarily joined another country?
- 42 Are there observable changes in a star about to become supernova, minutes or hours before the explosion?
- 40 Are there any old/ancient star maps that we can compare to today’s and see drastic differences?
- View more network posts →