George A. Solodun
My three specialties are History, Astronomy, and Classical Music.
As a historian, I specialize in the history of Russia through 1921 (especially during the reign of Nicholas II); in the air war in Europe during World War II; and in nineteenth-century America.
As an astronomer, I am simply an avid amateur, whose main interests include the Saturn system and the distribution of galaxies.
In music, I enjoy playing Johann Strauss' waltzes, Beethoven's piano sonatas, and my own impromptu sonatas and etudes.
I have helped start Literature StackExchange.
Bellingham, WA, United States
Member for 3 years, 3 months
21 profile views
Last seen Jun 1 '18 at 21:44
Top network posts
- 65 How did such a relatively minor event as the assassination of an archduke start World War I?
- 58 Why didn’t Japan attack the West Coast of the United States during World War II?
- 52 How did such a relatively minor event as the assassination of an archduke start World War I?
- 40 What advantages did Catholic missionaries to the Indians have over Protestant missionaries in old Oregon Country?
- 37 Which was the last major war in which horse mounted cavalry actually participated in active fighting?
- 34 If the Ch’in dynasty was so short-lived, why was China named for it?
- 29 Why did Mexico encourage the settlement of Texas by Americans?
- View more network posts →