José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 2 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 30 at 7:01
- Mathematics 234.2k 234.2k 2727 gold badges175175 silver badges306306 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- History 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge99 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 642 642 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 118 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 90 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 83 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 81 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 70 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- 55 Why a $20$ digit number starting with eleven $1$'s cannot be a perfect square?
- 50 What is an example of a sequence which "thins out" and is finite?
- View more network posts →