José Carlos Santos
Member for 4 years, 1 month
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
- Mathematics 359.9k 359.9k 183183 gold badges229229 silver badges397397 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 4.8k 4.8k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- History 4k 4k 44 gold badges2020 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 3.5k 3.5k 44 gold badges1616 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.2k 3.2k 33 gold badges99 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 172 Why was "An Update to our Community and an Apology" deleted?
- 151 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 113 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 88 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 85 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 83 Does an increasing sequence of reals converge if the difference of consecutive terms approaches zero?
- 76 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- View more network posts →