José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 2 years
0 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Mathematics 209.5k 209.5k 2626 gold badges166166 silver badges289289 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge88 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- History 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge77 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 900 900 11 gold badge33 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 297 297 11 gold badge11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 115 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 87 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 81 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 66 Unsolved Problems (Not Independent of ZFC) due to Lack of Computational Power
- 56 Why a $20$ digit number starting with eleven $1$'s cannot be a perfect square?
- 47 How many times do you have to use L'Hôpital's rule?
- 46 How are the known digits of $\pi$ guaranteed?
- View more network posts →