I am an independent academic, writer, playwright, poet, educationalist, and storyteller.
I was invited to be poet-in-residence at the first Edinburgh Food Festival in 2006, during which I published poetry in The Pleasance Times and on the Pleasance website.
My books include History Riddles; Odyssey: Dynamic Learning System (co-authored with David Pinto) (Liberalis Books, 2013); and Aesop the Storyteller - a book of versified fables (Aladdin’s Cave Publishing, 2008).
I have written two plays: Aesop The Storyteller which premièred at the Camden Fringe in July 2006 and Under the Arabian Moon which premièred at the London Bridge Theatre in 2009
Over a three-year period (2013–2016), I provided a regular monthly column for the Russian in-flight magazine Flight Line for Anglophile Russian travellers on the vagaries of the English language.
A full list of academic articles, draft papers, and a copy of my MA dissertation on the history of English 16th and 17th Century woven and embroidered textile bookbindings can be found on my profile at https://independent.academia.edu/LeonConrad
I have contributed to radio and TV programmes, and published papers in specialist journals. I have published articles on voice-centred communication skills and coaching techniques i publications such as Training Journal, and The Teacher magazine, and my work has been featured in PR Week, The Church Times and The Daily Telegraph.
As a freelance editor and proofreader, I have helped many authors get their works accepted for publication. From 2013 until his death in 2016, I had the privilege of being able to study visual ways of symbolising logical relationships directly with polymath George Spencer-Brown, author of Laws of Form. I have gone on to use his methodology in teaching logic, and in analysing story structure.
As a storyteller, I have been studying the Drut'syla Midrash tradition with storyteller Shonaleigh Cumbers since 2015, with a particular interest in tracing the influence of oral traditions on the development of the classical progymnasmata curriculum.
I tutor students across the world using an integrated approach to a classical liberal arts education.
I am co-founder and lead trainer at The Academy of Oratory.
- English Language & Usage 3.8k 3.8k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Christianity 511 511 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- History 289 289 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 268 268 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Italian Language 191 191 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 19 The riddle of Marco's Millions
- 17 Where did the notion that Adam and Eve ate an APPLE come from?
- 13 Did Rembrandt really get the 'mene, mene' inscription in his painting of Belshazzar's Feast wrong?
- 11 Where can I find sources showing ecclesiastical vestments of the 1200s?
- 10 When was it established that there were 14,000 innocents martyred?
- 9 Is there a connection between Marco Polo and Emilione?
- 8 Addressing a person by occupation
- View more network posts →