There is the moral of all human tales;
Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First Freedom, and then Glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption, — barbarism at last.
And History, with all her volumes vast,
Hath but one page, — ’tis better written here,
Where gorgeous Tyranny hath thus amass’d
All treasures, all delights, that eye or ear,
Heart, soul could seek, tongue ask — Away with words!
For what purpose was Tyler building an army? To what purpose? For what greater good? In Tyler Durden we trusted.
Member for 5 years, 8 months
161 profile views
Last seen Jul 23 at 22:28
- History 35.1k 35.1k 33 gold badges7878 silver badges147147 bronze badges
- Aviation 11.9k 11.9k 11 gold badge3030 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 9.8k 9.8k 77 gold badges4545 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 8.7k 8.7k 66 gold badges3131 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 8k 8k 33 gold badges2323 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 153 How to return a fake watch "gifted" by a client
- 103 Why does a sticker slowly peel off, but if it is pulled quickly it tears?
- 97 Why don't miners get boiled to death at $4$ km deep?
- 93 Why are the books in the Game of Thrones citadel library shelved spine inwards?
- 93 IP address that is the equivalent of /dev/null
- 90 How is it that laser printers can print so fast nowadays (no warmup time)?
- 78 I have sole custody of my child but the child's father's brother claimed him as a tax deduction
- View more network posts →