I am a computer programmer.
I frequently contribute to the English Language Learners Stack Exchange. My native language is (American) English. I have lived in several parts of the United States, but not in the South or Midwest. On the other hand, my wife was from the Upper Midwest, and many of my college classmates were from the Midwest, Texas, Kentucky, and the Deep South.
- English Language Learners 23.6k 23.6k 44 gold badges5252 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Politics 6.4k 6.4k 2626 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 4.1k 4.1k 1414 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 3.4k 3.4k 1212 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 2.9k 2.9k 1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 99 What officially disallows US presidents from driving?
- 90 Do native speakers use "ultima" and "proxima" frequently in spoken English?
- 75 What does IKEA-like mean?
- 67 Does "take a second" mean "take a second look"?
- 53 Are "confidant" and "confident" homophones?
- 51 Examples of when the professional scientists or mathematicians were wrong, but the nonprofessionals were right
- 50 Why are so many countries still in the Commonwealth?
- View more network posts →