My main history interests include English naming practices, culinary history, and sports history. I am the author of Middle English Surnames in West Yorkshire, and contributed an article about a medieval game to the sports encyclopedia Sports Around the World: History, Culture, and Practice.
Member for 6 years, 6 months
5 profile views
Last seen May 18 '14 at 9:18
Top network posts
- 34 Why don't people without access to clean water drink beer anymore?
- 23 In British heraldry, what happens when a woman with a coat of arms marries someone without?
- 20 Is it true that medieval villages didn't have names?
- 13 Were British parliamentary seats really advertised in newspapers?
- 12 Why did baseball become more popular than cricket in the USA?
- 12 When did it become customary to address the King/Queen of England as Majesty?
- 12 When did nose-picking became socially condemned?
- View more network posts →