I've been seriously coding since 1995 and had my hand in a lot of the Perl and CPAN infrastructure and wrote the Perl testing library, Test::More.
I focus on the "intangibles" of software engineering and architecture, and take a broad, polyglot approach to software. Rather than learning the latest hot framework, I focus on the techniques and patterns which are the foundation for good software.
If you like my work here, and you'd like to hire me for mentoring or consulting work, I can be found on https://codementor.io/schwern
- Stack Overflow 96.2k 96.2k 1818 gold badges115115 silver badges244244 bronze badges
- History 38.2k 38.2k 1010 gold badges102102 silver badges148148 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 27.2k 27.2k 44 gold badges6767 silver badges108108 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 11.3k 11.3k 44 gold badges4343 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Physics 3.2k 3.2k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 435 What is the difference between public, protected, package-private and private in Java?
- 276 How do I install g++ for Fedora?
- 230 Did the UK homicide rate go up after handgun ownership was banned?
- 215 Why didn't Germany blockade the Strait of Gibraltar during WW2?
- 210 How do I find the next commit in git? (child/children of ref)
- 188 Git SVN error: a Git process crashed in the repository earlier
- 176 When did people decide that all caps means the writer is shouting?
- View more network posts →