Top network posts
- 105 Why were ships-of-the line not supposed to open fire on frigates during fleet actions?
- 70 Why did it take so long to abandon sail after steamships were demonstrated?
- 51 Why were British ships not of the same quality as French and Spanish ships until the latter part of the 18th century?
- 43 Capturing a much larger ship?
- 43 Why were helmets and other body armour not commonplace in the 1800s?
- 39 Why did piracy thrive in the late 17th and early 18th centuries?
- 33 Battle of Norfolk (1991 Gulf War): How could the losses be so lopsided?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (9)
8 What to do when you post a partially wrong answer? Jul 16 '17
6 Is it time to update our custom close reasons? Mar 2 '18
4 Redundant “North American History” tag? Jan 6 '17