Top network posts
- 118 Why were ships-of-the line not supposed to open fire on frigates during fleet actions?
- 74 Why did it take so long to abandon sail after steamships were demonstrated?
- 59 Why were British ships not of the same quality as French and Spanish ships until the latter part of the 18th century?
- 58 Why didn't the British consider the USS President's attempted flight as a fake surrender?
- 44 Why were helmets and other body armour not commonplace in the 1800s?
- 43 Capturing a much larger ship?
- 42 Why did piracy thrive in the late 17th and early 18th centuries?
- View more network posts →