So the Athenians were assaulted on both sides, both by sea and by land. The Peloponnesians, dividing their galleys into small numbers because they could not come near with many at once and resting between, assailed them by turns, using all possible valour and mutual encouragement to put the Athenians back and gain the fort. Most eminent of all the rest was Brasidas.
Member for 5 years, 10 months
5 profile views
Last seen Mar 21 at 3:43
- History 3k 3k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Mythology & Folklore 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges88 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.3k 1.3k 77 gold badges1919 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Arqade 752 752 33 gold badges1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Latin Language 405 405 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 41 What is the first horse name recorded in history?
- 22 Did any Greek mythological hero father a son who surpassed him in fame?
- 18 Who was the English Knight Templar holding command in the Mongol Army?
- 17 Has Catholic excommunication ever caused the dethronement of any king?
- 17 Baron is to Barony as Earl is to what?
- 13 Why did Bakht Khan switch sides in Indian War of Independence 1857?
- 12 What kind of dog breed would Cerberus be?
- View more network posts →