So the Athenians were assaulted on both sides, both by sea and by land. The Peloponnesians, dividing their galleys into small numbers because they could not come near with many at once and resting between, assailed them by turns, using all possible valour and mutual encouragement to put the Athenians back and gain the fort. Most eminent of all the rest was Brasidas.
- History 3.1k 3.1k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Mythology & Folklore 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges99 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.4k 1.4k 77 gold badges1919 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Arqade 752 752 33 gold badges1111 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Latin Language 405 405 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 41 What is the first horse name recorded in history?
- 21 Did any Greek mythological hero father a son who surpassed him in fame?
- 19 Who was the English Knight Templar holding command in the Mongol Army?
- 17 Has Catholic excommunication ever caused the dethronement of any king?
- 17 Baron is to Barony as Earl is to what?
- 14 What kind of dog breed would Cerberus be?
- 13 Display number in Textview with thousand separator and decimal format
- View more network posts →